Rumor has it Mclelland will be closing. Anyone go info on this?
Mike and Mary (owners) have confirmed it. Lack of quality leaf and FDA regulations basically killed it. They will finish tinning the leaf they have and that will be it.

From what I saw yesterday there is not a lot of Mcclelland out at the stores so if you like and you can find it stock up.
   likes this.
Sad panda. Saw this as well. Even bigger question is the other brands that they tin for, including some Butera. What happens there?
Desertlifter said...

Sad panda. Saw this as well. Even bigger question is the other brands that they tin for, including some Butera. What happens there?

If they own the blend recipe they disappear too. If the other party owns the blend it might get sourced to another blender, but that becomes a possible FDA issue and if it passes through with out having to go through that expensive process.
JimboV said...

If they own the blend recipe they disappear too. If the other party owns the blend it might get sourced to another blender, but that becomes a possible FDA issue and if it passes through with out having to go through that expensive process.

Exactly what I'm concerned about.
Yeah this blows. Luckily I have not dived into VA tobacco much. I like burley. But I did get a pound of
5115 Old World Classic Cake and 3 tins of the sherlock series Arcadia and black shag. I had 4oz each of the english cavendish and coyote classic full. Looks like the shelves are pretty much bare.