Well I have not been letting everyone know but I guess I should. On December 28th in the morning my mom noticed that my step dad was breathing funny. When she tried to wake him she said that he was unresponsive so she called EMS.

They gave him Oxygen and got him stable then from Borger Hospital sent him to Pampa Hospital where his current cardiologist is. The next morning the nurse went in to check on him and he was not breathing and not responsive again. At that point he was put on a vent.

The vent was doing most his breathing for him and they had him sedated. When he began to come out of sedation the noticed that he was in panic and trying to pull the vent away. The nurses ran to him but he managed to dislodge the vent. At that point he coded and they had to preform CPR. They got him back and reset the vent.

A couple days later they replaced the vent with a custom flow nasal Oxygen line. That was last night. This morning they took him for a CT brought him back and began to bathe him and my dads stats dropped dramatically. They called a code and put him back on the vent.

I left work to be with my mom who is dealing with all this and dyalasis. When I got to her at treatment I was sitting outside when the nurse came and told me mom was crying and she needed me. I went back to find out his Dr. had called and said he wanted to talk about a DNR. This prick called my mom during her treatment to give her that kind of grave news.

I got pissed. I called the hospital to find out what was going on and his nurse filled me in. At that point I saw my mom basically not able to deal with everything at that moment. She was having complications with her treatment and I just stepped in and took over.

Currently we are waiting for a room at Northwest Texas Hospital in Amarillo. An ICU room. Once there is a room he will be air lifted to there from Pampa so that he can get better care.

The nurses at Pampa have been wonderful, however, we do not feel the same about his doc.

Please keep us in prayer as decisions will need to be made in the coming days.
Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.
Prayers sent.
Thoughts and prayers your way..
Coffee-because it’s cheaper than anger management.
My prayers continue buddy.
When its time to relax, burn what you like.
Prayers and blessings my friend. I'm in the same condition as you with my grandma. Stage 4 cancer diagnosed last week. I'm here if you need anything my friend.
"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
Prayers for you and your family!
Smurfin' me some TWANG.....and Smurfin' is gooooood!
Thoughts sent your way.
Positive thoughts your way, Tony
-Jon

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues." -Abraham Lincoln

TRADER FEEDBACK
Update...

My dad has now been moved to Lubbock UMC Hospital. He already is getting better care. They have a plan in place and will be doing several things over the next few days.

My mom is not dealing with all this so well and has her own health issues to worry about. I have taken over control of dad's care. There is yet a long and rough road ahead and he is in no way out of danger at this point.
The Don said...

Update...

My dad has now been moved to Lubbock UMC Hospital. He already is getting better care. They have a plan in place and will be doing several things over the next few days.

My mom is not dealing with all this so well and has her own health issues to worry about. I have taken over control of dad's care. There is yet a long and rough road ahead and he is in no way out of danger at this point.

Sorry Tony,

I will continue prayers for your family.
When its time to relax, burn what you like.
Prayers for your Dad, your family and you.
The secret word is cigars!
OK so I went to the hospital today and Dave was getting dyalasis. They took 2 litters off of him. When they got done he was semi. alert. He was able to squeeze my hand multiple times could answer most my question with a mod yes or no. Says he is not in pain and comfortable. The proprofol is down to 5mcgs which is down from 30. He is getting Fentonol for pain, or how you spell it. His blood pressure has been low and so has his Oxygen. Oxygen dropped as low as 84 while I was there and the nurse said he had been doing that today. CRIT was 4.7 and bun was 101 this morning. They will repeat that test in the morning. CRIT should be 1 or less and bun 20 or less. It's hard to tell what he understands. When I told him I had to go he reached up to grab my hand. I made sure he knew I would be back tomorrow.
Man what a trial. Hold tight and push ahead you magnificent bastard. What ever spiritual support I can blast out is heading your way!
This is the hunter’s badge of glory,
That he protect and tend his quarry,
Hunt with honour, as is due,
And through the beast to God is true
So here we are. My step dad will remain on the vent until Saturday. At that point the vent will be removed and he will be allowed to pass. This has been the hardest decision I have ever had to make. I felt/feel guilty, like I am killing my dad. Although I know that is not the case.

I thank God for him and hope I am the man he wanted me to be. I know this is the right decision but it doesn't make it any easier..

Please pray for peace for all of us. The next few days are going to be incredibly difficult. I will update everyone as things are planned.