Not sure if many of you have tried this, if you have, it becomes an addiction. I did a 5k mud run last April. Never ran before that race, even when I was a kid.
Basically it is a playground for adults, get dirty in the mud, climb, hand, crawl, swing over obstacles over a distance of at least a 5k with beer, food, and music at the end. For my team also included cigars.
Since I signed up and started training for that first one, I lost 45 lbs and this year have signed up for 5 so far plus a triathlon and half marathon.
Last year was Rebel Race, Warrior Dash, Battleship Run, Bottino Cancer Mud Run, Color me Rad. This year includes Rugged Manian and the mother of all mud runs Tough Mudder.
Anyone else do these?
My wife did one a few years ago. It looked like a lot of fun.
“ I believe in courtesy, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos. ”— Kenneth Clark
http://darrelmorris.fineartstudioonline.com/
A bunch of my neighbors have done the Tough Mudder run. Sounds and looks like fun but running sucks.
I've been doing mud runs for a couple years now. I usually do Warrior Dash because, well, it fun! Here's a couple pics from them.

I have done the Warrior Dash last summer, by far the most fun and well run of the races so far. I even wore my hat into the ocean for the Polar Bear Plunge on New Years.
I've been considering this one (or one of these) for a while now. We have several in my area worth jumping into.
I just registered for a Spartan Super Race. Same aspect just a different company. Sacramento in October if anyone wants to join up and come get a little weird!!! Only 8+ miles with 20+ obstacles we have to endure.
"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I just registered for a Spartan Super Race. Same aspect just a different company. Sacramento in October if anyone wants to join up and come get a little weird!!! Only 8+ miles with 20+ obstacles we have to endure.

Good times. Have a shorter one this June I will hop into for giggles.

Miss the Clydesdale division in marathons/halves. Had one here in my area like.....twice and naught since. Clydesdales have to bench 200 before the race start. No major feat, but it does filter the gazelles. Smile
So, I ran the Warrior Dash for the 4th year at the beginning of the month. They closed down one obstacles soon after we ran it due to too many broken ankles. After running uphill for a mile or so some guy stopped, turned around, and collapsed about 100 ft in front of me and went into a seizure. It was odd because I took a pic of their group for them a few minutes earlier. Hopefully it wasn't the last photo of the guy. I had to run about 1/2 mile off course down the side of the hill to grab a fire medical crew then get my ass back up the hill. So, my 5K turned into a 5.5K. One of our group (my buddies wife) turned out to be afraid of heights. So, we all helped her up and down the climbs. All-in-all it was by far the longed 5K I've done (1.18).

Here's some photos of my six pack of doom and us rocking out the kilts.

We ended up getting a bunch of free beer tickets from non beer drinkers because of our six packs. So, that was pretty awesome.
Last update on April 17, 1:25 pm by SoCalOCMatt.
Just signed up for Warrior Dash '15 in So Cal. Excited to rock out again. So far we have a group of 7. Rock On
Haven't done the mud runs, but have completed halves and did 1 ultra as part of a relay. The relay is a 60 day, 3800 mile cross country event. I ran on Day 43 from Potosi, MO to Chester, IL. It was a 71 mile day for my team. Lotsa fun and camaraderie. If you enjoy these types of activities and pushing limits, check out Team Red, White, and Blue. It's a non-profit that works to bridge the gap between military and civilians through physical and social activity.

WWW.TEAMRWB.ORG

Or send me a message if you have questions. It's free to join and the community is awesome!
Real leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders

http://www.stogiefriends.com/forum/thread/3232/sho...
Max Gas said...

A bunch of my neighbors have done the Tough Mudder run. Sounds and looks like fun but running sucks.

Running sucks.
Real leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders

http://www.stogiefriends.com/forum/thread/3232/sho...
I'd have a frigg'n blow out before 100 yards! Facepalm
Semper Fi
ShortFuse said...

Haven't done the mud runs, but have completed halves and did 1 ultra as part of a relay. The relay is a 60 day, 3800 mile cross country event. I ran on Day 43 from Potosi, MO to Chester, IL. It was a 71 mile day for my team. Lotsa fun and camaraderie. If you enjoy these types of activities and pushing limits, check out Team Red, White, and Blue. It's a non-profit that works to bridge the gap between military and civilians through physical and social activity.

WWW.TEAMRWB.ORG

Or send me a message if you have questions. It's free to join and the community is awesome!

Great site. I'm gonna have to work up to doing one of the North Face Endurance Runs.
2 Tough Mudders, 3 Half Marathons, 2 full marathons, next one in 2 weeks, and one 70.3 Ironman. Planning a full 140.6 Ironman next year. I see Team RWB at every event. A few of my friends are part, I should be at an event this month and will probably join up.