Thread to show/tell what you are eating.
Sir Reverend David_ESM "The Mustache" Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.
Tonight. Pork cooked in a crock pot on low all day while at work. Mixed it with a 50/50 blend of BBQ sauce and vinegar hot sauce. Threw it on a cast iron flat top to get some carmelization/crust going. Served with corn bread griddle cakes cooked on the cast iron flat top and a simple Italian dressing salad.

Sir Reverend David_ESM "The Mustache" Esquire, Bomb Squid Extraordinaire, the all knowledgeable one, Grand Poobah, Korean Pop Hipster, Butt Dryer, Douchebag... M.D.
Shit. It was eat fresh tonight cause i didnt feel like cookin. Curious to see what others are having.
Tonight... LEFTOVERS

So as not to be a thread-whore, I'm going to post up a few pics in one single post. I love to cook, I have absolutely zero training, and I refuse to use cookbooks or recipes. I make my own and have had only one dish that I would call a failure. I especially love chili.

Any way, here are some that I've cooked recently. Sorry about the poor quality, many of these are taken quickly with my cell phone before digging in:

This is one of my many favorites for pulled pork sammiches. Of course, I dry rub the pork, slow cook it, make my own slaw and bbq sauce, and top the sammich with sweet pickles.

This is one of my favorite "meal in a bag" grillers for the summertime. Easy pork loin and potatoes, peppers, and other veggies in a hobo pack. I just liked this one because of how it looked on the plate (I didn't capture one with the chili sauce drizzled on it...too bad...).

This one is a three-fer. I made my first ham this year. Local chopshop ham, and I made my own glaze by reducing Maker's Mark and apple juice and adding it to dark brown sugar, molasses, and freshly toasted pecans (that I then crushed). This was damn tasty.

I make these all the time in the summer--heck even Stradawhovious as munched on them. Ancho-rubbed flank steak fajitas.

Rabbit cassoulet, anyone?

Bacon-wrapped grilled figlets!

This time, a two-fer. This is Trevyn's Texas Three & Three -- Three meats, three liquors, one delicious chilli:

Homemade pasta that I can't recall, but I remember it being good and simple:

Citrus, grilled Mahi Mahi with corn and black bean salad:

Sweet & sour pork stir-fry

Chicken chilli slop:

Banana walnut waffles:

The only thing special here was the wagyu steak (it looks strange because the pat of butter hasn't completely soaked in yet):

I guess that's all for now. Let me know if this is too much and I'll delete the posting. I figured one post with a bunch of photos was better than clogging up the notifications box with multiple posts.

I'm loving this thread!
Although I try for dark and mysterious, I usually have to settle for confusing.
Couple of things I've grilled recently

Ribs for my wife's family Christmas

Standing rib roast for Christmas dinner
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill
Know how people make fun of "what I had for dinner" posts on fb and the like? I love these!

Nothing fancy tonight - lasagna with a cucumber and dill salad, washed down with a nice French Medoc.
Desertlifter said...

Know how people make fun of "what I had for dinner" posts on fb and the like? I love these!

Nothing fancy tonight - lasagna with a cucumber and dill salad, washed down with a nice French Medoc.

Hell yeah, simple here too. I made beef and broccoli stir-fry, but tried my hand with a red wine sauce that turned out very well.
Although I try for dark and mysterious, I usually have to settle for confusing.
Tonight I had some kitchen time. Seared peppers and onions with Italian style sausage and gouda. Served on dinner rolls with a salad of grape tomatoes and applewood smoked green olives marinated in chardonnay.

Yes, I said applewood smoked green olives. These. Things. Are. Glorious.

Pr0n:

Macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, and some fat free pudding for dessert. Yea, just had dental surgery so no solid foods for a while haha.
"Get intimate!" - Bill Cardinal

Trader Feedback | My Cigar Website
Had a soft taco bake with ground beef, tortillas, salsa and cheese. Scrumptious.
Chinese food...pork fried rice and schezwan chicken.
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
gonna throw a few pics out to start with and hope to be a regular contributor to this thread, I am a big fan of cooking. bread and pizza are my two biggest geek outs.

here's some of my sourdough:

chicago deep dish style pizza (a la Lou Malnati's):

chicago thin crust style:

some corndogs i made during tailgate season:

empanadas:

keep em coming!
David_ESM said...

Tonight... LEFTOVERS

dude, those pork corn cake towers of heaven look frickin' delicious!