Welcome to the Noobie Sampler Trade!

What is the NST, you ask? Well friends this is an opportunity for New Cigar Smokers (NCS) to trade cigars with a Friendly Stogie Trader (FST). A FST can be any established members on Stogie Friends. FST's help guide the NCS down the wonderful world of cigars by allowing them to try different brands, flavors, and sizes, that the NCS may not have experienced yet. This thread also allows the NCS to receive feedback which will help them be able to join other trades/passes in the future.

Basic Rules:

1. NCS will always send out their end of the trade first. This ensures that no one is signing up just to "mooch" off a FST with no intention of sending out their end of the trade.
2. NCS will keep their total package price to no more than $50.00 (minimum of 5 cigars but no more than 8)
3. FST’s are encouraged to send out cigars worth a little more than what they received from the NCS. This trade should “favor” the new cigar smoker. The FST is also encouraged to try and mix up different sizes, wrappers, shapes and so forth.
4. Pictures of received packages are encouraged by both participants.
5. Leaving trader feedback for your partner is mandatory.
6. This is not a contest to see who can send the most cigars. NCS are highly encouraged to follow the rules.

Sequence of Events:

1. Before posting with your interest in joining the NST you will read and ensure you are capable of following the rules.
2. Reply in the NST thread with your interest in being either a NCS (Noob) or FST.
3. The NST admin will update the list with your information. They will also provide updates routinely and pair everyone up.
4. Once a NCS is paired with a FST the Noob will send a friend request to their assigned FST. (required if you want to send a PM)
5. After you and your partner are friends the NCS will send a PM to their FST. Include in the PM your likes/dislikes and what you have tried or what you would like to try.
6. The FST will respond to the PM with their address.
7. The NCS shall begin to prepare their shipment in accordance with rule #2 and ship out their package to the FST. Packages should be sent within 1 week of receiving their FST’s address. Remember to include your return mailing address on your package. Additionally the NCS will post a reply in the NST thread with the DC#.
8. Once the FST receives the package they will update the trader feedback of their NCS and post pictures of the cigars in the NST thread.
9. FST will then prepare their package in accordance with rule #3. Additionally the FST will post a DC# in the NST thread.
10. Once the NCS received the package they will update the trader feedback of their FST and post pictures of the cigars in the NST thread.
11. Both the FST and NCS shall enjoy the cigars they received and smoke them all in good health!

In progress:

FST

NOOBS

FST in waiting

NOOBS in waiting.
Last update on March 27, 2:35 pm by Hannibal.
Everyone's Mystery Bomber
Who's ready to do this!!! I'll be the first FST!
Since a good amount of people are 'n00bs' here, there might need to be some rules set as to who is a noob and who is a fst. To start, might wanna go off of how long the person has smoked cigars. Something like a noob is less than a year, or something like that. Just an idea.
Donate Cigars For Troops at:
Matt Post
Troop Donations
4028 Hillside Ave
Norco, CA 92860
SoCalOCMatt said...

Since a good amount of people are 'n00bs' here, there might need to be some rules set as to who is a noob and who is a fst. To start, might wanna go off of how long the person has smoked cigars. Something like a noob is less than a year, or something like that. Just an idea.

Good point... Ok for the smartasses here (and I mean that in the best way possible..) we all know who are noobs. If you are new to cigars (been smoking for less than a year) then feel free to be a noob.
Also one request for the FST. Please leave yourself open to the noob to ask questions. Let not just make this about trading cigars, but also a "mentor" type program. Everyone was a noob at some point...
Well, since I might just barely qualify as a FST. Sign me up Smile
Donate Cigars For Troops at:
Matt Post
Troop Donations
4028 Hillside Ave
Norco, CA 92860
Rules:
The noob sends their Friendly Stogie Trader (FST) about $50 worth of sticks. The FST will then send you sticks based either on your wish list or the sticks you sent.
Be sure to update the trader staus.

In progress:

FST

NOOBS

FST in waiting
1. Shootinmatt
2. Socalmatt

NOOBS in waiting.
[/quote]
All we need now are some noobs lol
You can add me as an FST.
Check out my review site: www.developingpalates.com
Hmmm, I'll let you guys decide if I qualify or not.

Only a few of you know me, and that's just through a few pms. I'm new to Puff and coming up on full trade access over there in just a few days. I am actually in the middle of my NST over there with altllogix(Garron).

I've only come back to cigars 3 months ago, after basically a 7 year break. I'm still learning a lot about what's out there these days.

I don't know many of you, but I would like to. This trade would be a decent way for that to happen. However, if you want to wait until I'm done with Garron on puff, and he can +1 me here, that's fine.

- Tyler
tylernim said...

Only a few of you know me, and that's just through a few pms. I'm new to Puff and coming up on full trade access over there in just a few days. I am actually in the middle of my NST over there with altllogix(Garron).

I've only come back to cigars 3 months ago, after basically a 7 year break. I'm still learning a lot about what's out there these days.

I don't know many of you, but I would like to. This trade would be a decent way for that to happen. However, if you want to wait until I'm done with Garron on puff, and he can +1 me here, that's fine.

- Tyler

^ n00b! Big Laugh Hook this man up! lol
Last update on January 7, 3:54 pm by Stogie Friends.
Watch me get drunk and frolic in the mud for a good cause: http://warrior.stjude.org/socalocmatt-secksy

^ n00b! Big Laugh Hook this man up! lol

Done!
Rules:
The noob sends their Friendly Stogie Trader (FST) about $50 worth of sticks. The FST will then send you sticks based either on your wish list or the sticks you sent.
Be sure to update the trader staus.

In progress:
1. Shootinmatt + Tylernim

FST

NOOBS

FST in waiting
1. Aaron72
2. Socalmatt

NOOBS in waiting.
Last update on January 7, 4:04 pm by Shootinmatt.
tylernim said...

- Tyler

Tyler I left you my email on your wall. Email me your info and let get this going!!
Ok so we figured out the whole pming deal. FST and noob friend each other to pm.
I will play....hook my noob ass up with a fst! Smoke
You're not our natural-born child.
I'm not?
You were left on our doorstep...but we raised you like you were one of us.
You mean I'm going to stay this color?
I'd love you if you were the color
of a baboon's ass.