Nope. It's not a McClelland Blend. I'll give you a hint in that this blend was an accident.

Ooooohh.....I think I got this! PM sent...

Nope. It's not a McClelland Blend. I'll give you a hint in that this blend was an accident.

Well, I know Anni Kake was an accident, but it's not a Lat blend. Hmmmmm. One more bowl and then put me out of my misery LOL
Gregg

Blind Man's Puff Reviewer
Got Tony's end of our trade today - mine should land Saturday. Good times!

Looks and smells lovely - and the Grey Havens rider for TotM is greatly appreciated!
Desertlifter said...

Got Tony's end of our trade today - mine should land Saturday. Good times!

Looks and smells lovely - and the Grey Havens rider for TotM is greatly appreciated!

I hope you enjoy them. I tried to do a wide variety. Let the fun begin!
Old enough to know better, too young to resist.
Just started on Sample D

In the jar, it smells leathery and almost spicy, with the unmistakeable smokey note of latakia. Ribbon cut, mixed colors, from light brown to black. In the pipe, initially I'd call it a balanced English - latakia is definitely there, but it's not huge. The more I smoke it, the more the oriental tang comes to the forefront. I wouldn't call it a weak blend per se, but it's not particularly strong either. I detect almost no sweetness. Getting more and more spicy as I smoke.

An oriental forward medium English. Not the kind of thing I usually reach for, but pretty good at what it does.

You know....it's not in my regular rotation, but I just reviewed two different samples of Dunhill My Mixture 965 just two months ago, so it's fresh in my mind. I think this is MM965. If so, it's an acquired taste....I think I like it a little better now than I did then LOL.

Am I right? Or in the right ballpark, at least?
Last update on May 1, 9:49 pm by gahdzila.
The house that TAD built - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/gahdzila
OK Monty...last clue. I detect something I can't put my finger on, Perique maybe?
Gregg

No Perique. At least none that's listed in the description.
TRADER FEEDBACK

Come to The Dark Side. We have Other People's Cigars.
gahdzila said...

Just started on Sample D

You know....it's not in my regular rotation, but I just reviewed two different samples of Dunhill My Mixture 965 just two months ago, so it's fresh in my mind. I think this is MM965. If so, it's an acquired taste....I think I like it a little better now than I did then LOL.

Am I right? Or in the right ballpark, at least?

Nailed it. I knew I'd be no good for stumping anyone
Falling down gives us the opportunity to prove we are strong enough to stand back up.
Captain Call said...

Nailed it. I knew I'd be no good for stumping anyone

Well, as luck would have it, Irish Oak is a favorite of mine, and I *just* had MM965. Besides, you stumped me on Sample A. I smoked almost the whole bag and all I got was "maybe Peterson or Mac Baren." And I've still got C to go!

Have you started on C or D yet? I really want to hear your thoughts on C!
Last update on May 3, 7:32 am by gahdzila.
The house that TAD built - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/gahdzila

No Perique. At least none that's listed in the description.

Well I'm stumped. My SWAG will be PS Proper English.
Gregg

McGreggor57 said...

Well I'm stumped. My SWAG will be PS Proper English.

What you have there is a little bit of H&H Royal Blunder Kake. Smile
TRADER FEEDBACK

Whew...now on to sample #2
Gregg

McGreggor57 said...

Whew...now on to sample #2

This one will be a little different. Smile
TRADER FEEDBACK

I received Brian's samples today.

IMAG0167.jpg

Analysis of sample A will begin shortly... stay tuned Smile
OK, sample A. The smell is a nice balanced fragrance. No apparent topping. Seems like there might be a little Latakia in it, stoved Virginias, maybe even some Perique.

The texture is nice, even a bit crumbly... Hmmm.

IMAG0168.jpg

Loaded up some in my "churchwarden" cob. Nice, cool burning. No one flavor jumps out at me, but I do think I detect Perique. I think I may have smoked some of this before. If not, this is very similar to something I've had - and I like it a lot! If it is what I think, I need to use a different pipe, but I'm going to go ahead and make a guess.

Is it SPC Mississippi River?
Last update on May 3, 7:26 pm by Tony.