Tony said...

Brian, I haven't gotten to D+1 yet, but I'll take it to Indy with me and get to it in the next couple of days.

Nothing wrong with that - location, location, location!

This way I can pretend I'm there. In a puff of smoke if nothing else. Pipe
After my brief hiatus from smoking to allow my mouth to adjust, I'm back at it. I just loaded sample C from gahdzilla in my old reliable MM legend. It looks like a broken medallion, but its got a little bite to it, not tongue bite but like a spice. It tastes like nothing I can't put my finger on. I'll guess navy roll and that's all I've got
Falling down gives us the opportunity to prove we are strong enough to stand back up.
Desertlifter said...

Nothing wrong with that - location, location, location!

This way I can pretend I'm there. In a puff of smoke if nothing else. Pipe

I'll try and post up a few pics in the Sports forum while I'm there.
Old enough to know better, too young to resist.
Final sample from Eric...sample #1.

I opened the seal on the bag a couple of days ago and it was obvious this was another aro. Judging by the note, it was also one I had never tried. Definitely in the fruit family of aromas. Initial thought was cherry, but after packing the bowl this morning it's a dead ringer for a strawberry Poptart.

The vacuum seal makes the cut a little difficult to truly identify but I'm thinking its a pressed broken flake, ruling out most bulk blends. Hmmm.

My teeth had been freshly brushed and my schnozz recently filled with snuff giving this maiden smoke zero chance of letting me in on any type of flavor. More research needed Pipe
Last update on May 14, 7:50 am by McGreggor57.
Gregg

Blind Man's Puff Reviewer
McGreggor57 said...

Final sample from Eric...sample #1.

I opened the seal on the bag a couple of days ago and it was obvious this was another aro. Judging by the note, it was also one I had never tried. Definitely in the fruit family of aromas. Initial thought was cherry, but after packing the bowl this morning it's a dead ringer for a strawberry Poptart.

The vacuum seal makes the cut a little difficult to truly identify but I'm thinking its a pressed broken flake, ruling out most bulk blends. Hmmm.

My teeth had been freshly brushed and my schnozz recently filled with snuff giving this maiden smoke zero chance of letting me in on any type of flavor. More research needed Pipe

So far so good. Pressed broken flake and fruity.
TRADER FEEDBACK

Come to The Dark Side. We have Other People's Cigars.
Captain Call said...

After my brief hiatus from smoking to allow my mouth to adjust, I'm back at it. I just loaded sample C from gahdzilla in my old reliable MM legend. It looks like a broken medallion, but its got a little bite to it, not tongue bite but like a spice. It tastes like nothing I can't put my finger on. I'll guess navy roll and that's all I've got

Gawith Hoggarth & Co Sliced Black Twist

I actually haven't had this one in a while, but I'm going to revisit it soon. Did you like it?
The house that TAD built - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/gahdzila
Sooo........sample D from Tony.

In the grand tradition of new directions, this is yet another Latakia blend. Much heavier on the lat side than the last blend, this is a ready-rubbed kind of cut.

Hmmmmm....appears too even to be some sort of flake that was rubbed out to confuse me. So far, anyway.

Firex it up in the bjarne saucer. Mmmmmmmmm.....latakia. This is really good.

Waitaminute - this is kind of familiar. Is it JKP Ready Rubbed?
Desertlifter said...

Sooo........sample D from Tony.

In the grand tradition of new directions, this is yet another Latakia blend. Much heavier on the lat side than the last blend, this is a ready-rubbed kind of cut.

Hmmmmm....appears too even to be some sort of flake that was rubbed out to confuse me. So far, anyway.

Firex it up in the bjarne saucer. Mmmmmmmmm.....latakia. This is really good.

Waitaminute - this is kind of familiar. Is it JKP Ready Rubbed?

Uh, no Latakia. It was a flake.
Tony said...

Uh, no Latakia. It was a flake.

What? It reeks of it! Probably an artifact of transport. Let me air it out for a bit and try again.
Desertlifter said...

What? It reeks of it! Probably an artifact of transport. Let me air it out for a bit and try again.

Or I sent you the wrong bag. I was also putting together Maduro Marauder's newbie box at the same time I was doing this Smile If you are 100% sure that it isn't a burley, then I screwed up.
Tony said...

Or I sent you the wrong bag. I was also putting together Maduro Marauder's newbie box at the same time I was doing this Smile If you are 100% sure that it isn't a burley, then I screwed up.

I let it air out some, and the Latakia note has faded. I don't get any burley at all - if anything, this is a dark/strong flake kind of blend.

Whatever it is, it is great! I accidentally left it in my lab tonight, but I will post some pics tomorrow. Picture a VERY dark Old Gowrie.
Desertlifter said...

I let it air out some, and the Latakia note has faded. I don't get any burley at all - if anything, this is a dark/strong flake kind of blend.

Whatever it is, it is great! I accidentally left it in my lab tonight, but I will post some pics tomorrow. Picture a VERY dark Old Gowrie.

OK, right thing then. It actually is a burley Smile Hard to believe, but it is old too.
Tony said...

OK, right thing then. It actually is a burley Smile Hard to believe, but it is old too.

Wow - I have ZERO ideas where to start with this, other than wishing I had more. This is good stuff.
gahdzila said...

Gawith Hoggarth & Co Sliced Black Twist

I actually haven't had this one in a while, but I'm going to revisit it soon. Did you like it?

I really enjoyed it. This little trade is not good for my TAD. I have 2 definite new blends I want in my rotation and then one I need just to have it. And I haven't even had the sample D yet
Falling down gives us the opportunity to prove we are strong enough to stand back up.
Desertlifter said...

Wow - I have ZERO ideas where to start with this, other than wishing I had more. This is good stuff.

I'll grab you a couple of ounces when I get back to Columbus next week if they still have any. It is Wessex Burley Flake. It is not made anymore, there is now Wessex Burley Slice or something like that, but I haven't tried it. The owner of Smoker's Haven says that they will make it for him though.