Alright dammit, I’m tired of my cheap crappy lighters not working. I’ve been a skinflint and only used ronco lighters for like.....ever. For cigars - my pipe lighters are clutch. Is there any value in picking up a more expensive model nowadays, or am I better off not worrying about it and grabbing cheaper torches and replacing them?
Absolutely.. You cannot go wrong with Xicar.. They have a lifetime replacement policy. I had a table top lighter, that went out. I brought it to the B&M to get it fix several times and finally they said let's send it in.. Sure enough, I received a brand spanking new one.. Oh and it was 6 yrs old at the time. Just saying you get what you pay for.
I am not bad, I am just drawn that way. Now pass me that cigar and nobody gets hurt.
I am compact evil with a caramel center!! Evil with just a tad sweet core! Wink

TRADER FEEDBACK
I’ve sent my Xikar in twice to be fixed, it’s a lifetime guarantee but fuck they are finicky bitches.

My Ronson is going on 5 years now without issue.

Favorite Xikar though are the quad flame ones, they seem to have less problems then some of the others.
I started out with a cheap Ronson. Then I got my xikar axia dependable dual flame works with just about any fuel. It survived a couple trips thru washing machine before the last trip killed it. I thought I would send it in because not many places have the axia. Then I noticed my b&m had some took it in there and they swapped it out for free. I would rather b&m swap out than send it in.
“It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.”

― Benjamin Franklin
Desertlifter said...

Alright dammit, I’m tired of my cheap crappy lighters not working. I’ve been a skinflint and only used ronco lighters for like.....ever. For cigars - my pipe lighters are clutch. Is there any value in picking up a more expensive model nowadays, or am I better off not worrying about it and grabbing cheaper torches and replacing them?

I have not bought a very expensive lighter yet. The problem is once I get to really getting used to the lighter I am using it goes to hell. Then I have to start over. Maybe I may finally move up? I will have to go through the other 6 or so new ones I have first though....
When its time to relax, burn what you like.
Blazer PB-207. PERIOD

Holds an INSANE amount of butane. My first one lated close to 20 years. Still going strong on my second one.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6?url=se...

For pipes.......

IM Corona Old Boy.

The epitome of pipe lighters.

https://www.amazon.com/Corona-Pewter-Classic-Shape...
TRADER FEEDBACK

Come to The Dark Side. We have Other People's Cigars.
I always use Xikar and they have all been pretty good. The cheap Xikar tech lighter was the one I had the best luck with. Seems like when they have issues I have to blow them out with compressed air and they are good to go again. Most of the time when I am at home I use a propane torch I have laying in my garage. That bitch always fires up.
I just use a Vertigo by Lotus Cyclone Triple Torch. They are under $25 for a three pack of them on Amazon. Cheap lighters but I've had good luck with it so far.
Pleasant aroma, rich full body, well aged...and the wine's not bad either.
how ya doin' on this?
shuckins said...

how ya doin' on this?

Probably going to try the vertigo for camping and General fuckery, and pick up a Xikar for polite company.