Ok guys... So I do "believe" the relative humidity in my humidor is correct BUT of the three hygrometers I have monitoring it, I'm getting three VERY different readings (as u can c below). My HYDRA Electronic Cigar Humidification system is what's been keeping my cigars on the up & up for the past couple years while I've been on my hiatus.

1. My humidor is an end table type.
2. Of course I keep the HYDRA running (@ 70.5% RH).
3. I also have two (2) Humi-Care 8oz Black Ice Pie Jars spread throughout
4. I think there's even another crystal gel jar in there somewhere...lol

My question is... What r ur thoughts? Advice?

CLICK HERE to view (or post to) my Trader Feedback.

Click here >>> NOOBIE SAMPLER TRADE <<< to get started out on the right foot here at Stogie Friends.
Click here >>> BLIND MAN’S PUFF <<< for blind, honest cigar reviews.
Salt test the hygrometers to see how far they are on or off. Also, once I put new batteries in the hygrometers I verify what they are reading by doing a salt test.
Bloodwood87 said...

Salt test the hygrometers to see how far they are on or off. Also, once I put new batteries in the hygrometers I verify what they are reading by doing a salt test.

Oh yea! I HAVE been outta the game for a while!! I completely forgot about the salt test. Facepalm Thx brother!

Click here >>> NOOBIE SAMPLER TRADE <<< to get started out on the right foot here at Stogie Friends.
The salt test is not legit. Do you happen to have any boveda around? Stick the hygro in a Ziploc bag with a boveda for a few days and see what happens.
-Jon

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues." -Abraham Lincoln

TRADER FEEDBACK
The salt test is not legit. Do you happen to have any boveda around? Stick the hygro in a Ziploc bag with a boveda for a few days and see what happens.
-Jon

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues." -Abraham Lincoln

TRADER FEEDBACK
memphsdad said...

Not at the moment....

mjohnsoniii said...

Not at the moment....

Pick one up - you can order em for like $5 on amazon, or you can place an order for cigars from SBC and you will get one with your order for free.
-Jon

TRADER FEEDBACK
memphsdad said...

Pick one up - you can order em for like $5 on amazon, or you can place an order for cigars from SBC and you will get one with your order for free.

SBC? (excuse my ignorance...)

JimboV said...

Small Batch Cigars

O ok...d'uh!!! Hats Off

What's SBC's pymt options?

mjohnsoniii said...

What's SBC's pymt options?

Boveda 65%
Amazon.com
I run 65% in my wineador and nevery ever a problem... I would get rid of all the different types of humifiers you have. Or I hear the beads are the as ass too.
Last update on July 31, 2:07 pm by bcardinal.
When its time to relax, burn what you like.