The past week I have been having a problem with my wineador. I run it during the summer time only. Usually I just hear a loud noise when it runs for an extended period of time. I have always ran it at 66 degrees. I verify this before I go to bed every night. When I wake up in the morning, it is working toward 54. I have been soaking up all the excess moisture accumulated at the bottom of the wineador every morning since this has started this past week. I know I haven't had any power outages. This has happened around 5 times this week. Any Idea what might cause this? The wineador is plugged into a surge protected power strip (verified that this is accurate). The only other thing that is plugged into in is the extra timer and the computer fan I installed in the wineador. I did notice that the timer is dead and will have to replace it. The wineador is about 4 years old now. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
If you have it set at 66, does the setting change to 54?

I would try plugging it directly to the wall outlet, no power strip. Even a momentary power blip will sometimes set mine to the lowest setting, with no evidence of a power outage (as in no clocks need setting).
You really should not need the cooling where you live. Do you keep your home below 80 degrees? If so you should be solid without the temperature control. I live in a very hot climate but my home is cooled to upper mid 70"s. No issues at all with humidity or temperature. Simple.and.easy.
When its time to relax, burn what you like.
Is it a newair? And does it actually change the temp or the display?
Anthony said...

If you have it set at 66, does the setting change to 54?

I would try plugging it directly to the wall outlet, no power strip. Even a momentary power blip will sometimes set mine to the lowest setting, with no evidence of a power outage (as in no clocks need setting).

Yes I have it set at 66 when I go to bed and when I wake up it is working its way to 54.
Drkknght145 said...

Is it a newair? And does it actually change the temp or the display?

It is a NewAir AW-281E. It does change the temperature inside and on the display. I have a weather station hygrometer that monitors inside the cooler besides what the display on the cooler itself says. Both have always said the same thing. I also have an xiaker hygrometer in it and that matches as well. My problem is that th cooler is changing the temperature by iteslf with out me changing it.
bcardinal said...

You really should not need the cooling where you live. Do you keep your home below 80 degrees? If so you should be solid without the temperature control. I live in a very hot climate but my home is cooled to upper mid 70"s. No issues at all with humidity or temperature. Simple.and.easy.

I don't keep it below 80 when I am not home. It gets really humid and hot when I have it closed up.
Mine is a Newair also. Upon a power loss (even a momentary loss), it will change the setting to the lowest temp. This is normal for these units.

If you are absolutely positive that you are not experiencing a power loss, then you may have a problem with your wineador. Like I mentioned earlier, you should plug the wineador directly into the outlet and see if it reoccurs.
Anthony said...

Mine is a Newair also. Upon a power loss (even a momentary loss), it will change the setting to the lowest temp. This is normal for these units.

If you are absolutely positive that you are not experiencing a power loss, then you may have a problem with your wineador. Like I mentioned earlier, you should plug the wineador directly into the outlet and see if it reoccurs.

I agree with Anthony, I've only had this happen once and it was during a power outage.
-Jon

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues." -Abraham Lincoln

TRADER FEEDBACK
memphsdad said...

I agree with Anthony, I've only had this happen once and it was during a power outage.

I have had the same problem as everybody else. A flicker of power and it's back to 54.

I ended up just unplugging mine because when this would happen in the summer, the thing would run non stop if I didn't catch it in time and a couple of cigars in the back by the fan got some mold spots on them. I'd figure something out before that happens to you.
Bloodwood87 said...

I don't keep it below 80 when I am not home.

This could be a problem. What's the highest temp in your house that you have seen when you return home?

Thermoelectric refrigerators need a cool ambient air temp for the Peltier device to cool correctly. 80 degrees is the highest that I would allow the room temperature to get.

I have had the same problem as everybody else. A flicker of power and it's back to 54.

I ended up just unplugging mine because when this would happen in the summer, the thing would run non stop if I didn't catch it in time and a couple of cigars in the back by the fan got some mold spots on them. I'd figure something out before that happens to you.

This happened to me as well. I put some old Opus labels on the mold spotted cigars and shipped them to Brad.

Big Grin
Great minds think alike, and so do ours.
ea_man said...

This happened to me as well. I put some old Opus labels on the mold spotted cigars and shipped them to Brad.

Big Grin

Hes lyin man, I have never had an opus.
Drkknght145 said...

Really Brad??? Shall I prove this lie??
Paul Patel.

Follow me on Instagram: @davidoffguy

Trader Feedback = http://www.stogiefriends.com/forum/thread/2486/pau...
Drkknght145 said...

I just said they weren't Opus's.

Shrug
Great minds think alike, and so do ours.