Viewing Single Post
I apologize if this has been posted before. I am very new to this site and this is my first post.
I am an American living in Japan and I recently found an antique Japanese Ice Chest. I started the process of converting it into a humidor cabinet and would like any advice anyone has to offer so I can make sure to do things properly.

The structure of the piece of furniture is pretty solid oak and I plan on buying spanish cedar planks online and hoping for the best there (unless someone happens to know what Spanish Cedar is called in Japanese - I have had no luck trying to explain it at local lumber stores). I have already gutted the ice chest and plan on lining the inside with cork sheets and pine veneer to seal it. after that, I plan on lining the chest with Spanish cedar and building a box drawer with a shelf for the top and letting the bottom be an open cabinet for cigar boxes, jars of pipe tobacco, and a few bottles of Scotch and bourbon.

I have been taking a lot of pictures but will only bore you with two here, one of the piece as is and one of the gutted inside.

Again, anyone who has any advice (even something that will seem obvious) I welcome the suggestions.

Last update on April 20, 6:32 am by Dan.