Soooooo I have an issue and buying something new right now is out of the question, not going to commit to something until I find out what my new place will be able to handle.

I have a less than stellar setup for singles and need a solution.

Right now both desktops are full and my one drawer in the cabinet is at capacity for singles.

What can I use to store singles inside a cabinet? Should I get those cheap cedar trays? Plastic trays from the $1 store? Cigar boxes are annoying since I can't see what is inside but maybe I should rip off the tops...I don't know.

What do you animals use?

I wish I stuck with my coolers and cigar bags, always had room and everything was easy to get to.
Those cheap trays from Amazon actually work decent, they are around $10 shipped I think. Cigar boxes also work fine as well, I have plenty of SLBs I can send you so you don't have to tear off tops if you need some.
-Jon

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues." -Abraham Lincoln

TRADER FEEDBACK
I do a few different things.

A) Cabinet has two pullout drawers.
B) I have a humidor with randoms.
C) Boxes with like singles. Exaples: LP cab with random LP singles, Oliva box with Oliva singles. So, I know what brand is in the box.
D) Davidoff Royal Robusto to store singles that are in solitary confinement for a while. The box has 4 or 5 trays in it.
E) A couple of trays that hold higher-end singles.
Last update on March 20, 10:02 am by SoCalOCMatt.
Donate Cigars For Troops at:
Matt Post
Troop Donations
4028 Hillside Ave
Norco, CA 92860
Pony,

Just sell me the shit that doesn't fit, simple!!!!
Problem solved.
Paul Patel.

Follow me on Instagram: @davidoffguy

Trader Feedback = http://www.stogiefriends.com/forum/thread/2486/pau...
SoCalOCMatt said...

I do a few different things.

A) Cabinet has two pullout drawers
B) I have a humidor with randoms.
C) Boxes with like singles. Exaples: LP cab with random LP singles, Oliva box with Oliva singles. So, I know what brand is in the box.
D) Davidoff Royal Robusto to store singles that are in solitary confinement for a while. The box has 4 or 5 trays in it.
E) A couple of trays that hold higher-end singles.

I have an old ass cabinet that only has one drawer...it is time to upgrade but not till I move.
Boxes with like cigars sounds like a good idea, I do this with my Davidoff, need to see if I have enough like similar sized cubans to do this as well.

I will look into the cedar trays as well, but Amazon seems to be about $20 per shipped and after I upgrade the cabinet they would probably not get used. May have to use plastic in the interim, just need something to keep them all in one place and not bang around a lot, can't get maaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx profits with beat up feet.
Paul Patel said...

Pony,

Just sell me the shit that doesn't fit, simple!!!!
Problem solved.

I just did a huge restock, no chance I am selling again.

Before my recent binge it was a sad sight in Ponyville.
Pink Pony said...

I just did a huge restock, no chance I am selling again.

Before my recent binge it was a sad sight in Ponyville.

It's never a sad sight in "Ponyville"! Always exciting is a better description.
Paul Patel.

Follow me on Instagram: @davidoffguy

Trader Feedback = http://www.stogiefriends.com/forum/thread/2486/pau...
Pink Pony said...

I have an old ass cabinet that only has one drawer...it is time to upgrade but not till I move.
Boxes with like cigars sounds like a good idea, I do this with my Davidoff, need to see if I have enough like similar sized cubans to do this as well.

I will look into the cedar trays as well, but Amazon seems to be about $20 per shipped and after I upgrade the cabinet they would probably not get used. May have to use plastic in the interim, just need something to keep them all in one place and not bang around a lot, can't get maaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx profits with beat up feet.

If it wasn't for beat up feet I would never know what cigar to smoke. Once I've moved it around enough to destroy it I figure it's time to light it up.
Ray i get some cheap metal trays from dollar store they are coated but work well for storage you can even stack them with no issue
“It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.”

― Benjamin Franklin

If it wasn't for beat up feet I would never know what cigar to smoke. Once I've moved it around enough to destroy it I figure it's time to light it up.

I thought that was what plume is. Yahknow -the crapped out foot looks like a plume of leaf.
Picked up some plastic trays on lunch today grabbed 5 of them for $2.

We shall see how they work out tonight.
Pink Pony said...

Picked up some plastic trays on lunch today grabbed 5 of them for $2.

We shall see how they work out tonight.

I have used cheap plastic trays before careful you much you fill and hold them some flimsy trays got some bend sending sticks flying as you pick them up.
“It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.”

― Benjamin Franklin

I have used cheap plastic trays before careful you much you fill and hold them some flimsy trays got some bend sending sticks flying as you pick them up.

Not to worried, they will hold singles that are going down for a long nap, much longer than the 6 or so months I need to use them Smile

Thanks for the warning though, I'm sure I'll manage to destroy some anyway.
You don't have any coolers ?
Thebigk said...

You don't have any coolers ?

switched from coolers to a small cabinet and wineador (no fancy inserts) and a desktop a couple years ago, never had this many singles before and did not have a good way to store them.

i tried the cigar box thing in the past and I got annoyed digging through shit all the time.

just needed something temporary until I decide on something bigger after I move.